Chicken Leg Recipes
Below are several simple but delicious Chicken Leg Recipes. Enjoy!
1. Chicken Leg Recipe with garlic and onion, serves 4 persons.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 6 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 chicken drumsticks
Chicken Legs Cooking Process:
Heat oil in pan and fry onion and garlic until onion is soft. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer gently for three minutes. Divide into two. Heat oven to 180°C/350°F. Place chicken drumsticks in a roasting tin. Baste the drumsticks frequently with one half of the mixture. Cook for about 30 minutes until the juices run clear when the drumstick is pricked with a knife. Baste frequently throughout the cooking. Use remaining mixture as a sauce to serve with chicken.
Chicken Legs Nutrition: 200 Calories
2. One of the best Broiled Chili Chicken Leg Recipes, serves 6 persons.
- 12 broiler-fryer Chicken Legs, skinned
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, stems included
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
In blender, place melted margarine, chili powder, cilantro, lemon juice, and garlic; blend 30 seconds and pour mixture into shallow bowl. Place Chicken Legs, one at a time, in blended mixture and turn to coat. Arrange Chicken Legs on broiler pan and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Set temperature on broil with rack about 7 inches from heat. After first turning, also sprinkle Chicken Legs with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Broil chicken, turning and basting, about 40 minutes, or until fork can be inserted with ease.
Chicken Legs Nutrition: 230 Calories
3. Crisp Baked Chicken Legs Recipe with Creamy Onion Dressing, serves 4 persons.
This one is great for serving later.
- 8 broiler-fryer Chicken Legs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground pepper
- 1/2 cup French onion/sour cream dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown, coarse grain mustard
In small saucepan mix together lemon juice, water, sugar, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the soil, garlic powder and pepper. Place over high temperature and bring to boil; cook, stirring, about 1 minute and remove from heat. Dip Chicken Legs, one piece at a time, in lemon mixture, turning to coat. Arrange chicken legs in single layer in greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place in 375F oven and bake, turning and basting with lemon mixture every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour, or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. After that, in small bowl, mix together l/2 cup French onion sour cream dip, l/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon brown coarse-grain mustard. Cover and refrigerate.
Crisp Baked Chicken Legs Nutrition: 230 Calories